Monumento

旧高野街道 三軒茶屋大常夜燈籠

wawa

2014-05-05

Tags: ocr-generated 和歌山県 橋本市

Guide plate text

This content was transcribed by optical character recognition. Please cooperate with proofreading.

ocr-generated 旧高野街道 三軒茶屋大常夜燈籠
橋本市指定文化財(第 25 号)
Designated as a city cultural asset (NO.25)
The old Koya Historical path
San-ken-chaya Dai-joya-toro
昭和56年8月28日指定
On August 28th, 1981 the old Koya historical path
支解体者は言率、土属。理からぬ馬野も怒て吉野山へ向かう道でよく San-ken-chaya Dai-Joya-toro was designated as a city
「歴史街道
高野街道は京都・大阪・堺から河内長野を経て高野山へ向かう道で、古く
は九度山町の慈尊院から町石道を登った。その後、御幸辻から南下して谷内
cultural asset
川(橋本川)河口付近から紀の川を渡って当地に至り、学文路から高野山へ
The Koya Historical path leads from Osaka and Sakai to Koyasan by way
of Kawachi-nagano. In ancient times pilgrims ascended Koyasan from Jison-in
登っていく道がひらかれた。この道は町石道に比べ距離も短くなったことか in Kudoyama town by Choishi-michi. Later, the path changed. going Southward
ら、室町時代後期には高野参詣はもっぱらこの道が用いられるようになっ
from Miyukitsuji nearby the mouth of Taniuchi-river (Hashimoto-river),crossing
Kinokawa River, arriving here, and then continuing to Kamuro, where the climb
た。天正15年(1587) 応其上人は紀の川に橋本の地名の由来となる長さ130 to Koyasan would begin. This path was often used for Koyasan pilgrimages in
the later Muromachi period. Ogo-shonin's construction of a 234meter bridge
間の橋を架けたが、紀の川増水により3年後に流失し、橋に代わって舟によ
Over the Kinokawa River in 1587 gave Hashimoto its name, literally "big bridge.
る横渡が行われるようになった。この紀の川南岸渡場に建つのがこの大常夜 However, this bridge was washed away 3years later. After that, pilgrims
had to use a boat to cross the Kinokawa River. The Dai-joya-toro was built in the
燈籠で、後に北岸にも同様のものが建ち、
south bank jetty of the Kinokawa River.
Later, there was another Joya-toro built
この間で長く「無銭横渡」が行われた。元
opposite side on the north bank. Although
は石燈籠 2基が相対して建てられていた
they were once perfectly parallel, the East
one recently moved 5meters due to land
が、近年の周辺土地区画整理に伴う道路拡
readjustment. Between these 2 matching
Joya-toro, pilgrims were given free!
幅のため東側の1基が北へ約5メートル移
passage by boat during the time after
Ogo-shonin's bridge was washed away.
された。この石燈籠には宝暦2年(1752)
The Koyasan Kozanji-ryo with 1752
の建立銘とともに「高野山奥山寺領」の銘
inserted on it, serves as a moving remind
to modern travelers of pilgrims of the past
が刻まれ、紀の川を渡って高野山領に踏み
crossing the Kinokawa River on their way
to Koyasan.
入れた旅人たちの感慨が偲ばれる。
エ戸時代の東寺・井本と紀の川度『紀伊国名所図令』から
March, 2002
平成14年3月
Hashimoto city Board of Education
橋本市 教 育 委員会
Kashikodo ward
賢堂 区

面本評増す
流『太王


WAWA

Texts

monumento
2018-03-28 10:26 (0)
monumento

Comments/Photos

wawa wawa about 4 years

旧高野街道 三軒茶屋大常夜燈籠

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

kochizufan (2015/05/05)
Tags: ocr-generated 和歌山県 橋本市
kochizufan (2015/05/05)
Tags: ocr-generated 和歌山県 橋本市
kochizufan (2015/05/05)
Tags: ocr-generated 和歌山県 橋本市
wawa (2017/04/16)
Tags: ocr-generated 和歌山県 橋本市