Monumento

Senaga Island (Senaga Gusuku)

thimigushiku_tara
Tags: 沖縄戦 按司 琉球王府 組踊 青磁 琉球国由来記 瀬長島 アマミキヨ 南海大神加那志 豊見城の世立て 豊見城発祥伝説 瀬長グスク グスク 陶器 グスク系土器 アンジナ 徐葆光 沖縄八景 米軍基地 海中道路 米海軍弾薬貯蔵基地 子宝祈願 子宝岩 イシイリー アカサチ森 auto-translate 沖縄県 豊見城市

Guide plate text

Senaga Island (Senaga Gusuku)

 Senaga Island is located approximately 600 meters off the west coast of Tomigusuku City. The circumference of the island is approximately 1.5 kilometers, the highest altitude is 30 meters, and the island has an area of about 18 hectares. Up until before the war, the island was inhabited with about 30 homes making a settlement in the flat plains in the northern side of the island (where the baseball field is presently located), and the residents made their living with both agriculture and fishing.

 There remains a legend on the origins of Tomigusuku, which tells that in the ancient past, the first to inhabit the island was the child of
Amamikiyo, the goddess who created the Kingdom of Ryukyu, and that is how Tomigusuku began. On the island also in the past was Senaga Gusuku, said to have been the residence of Senaga Aji, the local chieftain.

 The island boasted spectacular scenery, representative of Tomigusuku, and in 1936, it was chosen as one of the eight most scenic locations in southern Okinawa.

 With the dawning of war in 1944 and the ensuing Battle of Okinawa, the residents were ordered off the island. Even after the war, the whole island was requisitioned for a US military base. The residents of the island were forced to form their settlement along the opposite shore from their original homes. When the island was undergoing base construction at this time, the landscape of the island was drastically changed. A large portion of the island was razed, and two roads over the sea were constructed, connecting the island to the main island and to the airport. The island was returned in 1977 after a long period of use by the US forces, as an ammunitions storage base for the US Navy.

 Until before the war, there were numerous ancient remains, places of worship, water wells and springs within the island, all subjects of spiritual beliefs where people from various areas of Okinawa came to pay their respects. However, entry into these sites became prohibited after the war, and many of the cultural heritages were destroyed with the construction of the military base, and little ancient
aspects remain.

 A scene from a Kumiodori play titled Temizu-no En, which is a love story between a man and a woman, is said to be set at Senaga Island.

auto-translate 埃纳加岛 (濑长琉球)

濑长岛是距离约 600 米的西海岸的 Tomigusuku 市。该岛的周长是大约 1.5 公里,海拔最高是 30 米,岛的面积约 18 公顷。直到二战前,岛居住着约 30 安老院舍在平原中岛北面的 (棒球领域是目前位于),使解决和居民使他们的生活与这两个农业和渔业。

还有一个传说起源的 Tomigusuku,告诉,在古老的过去,第一个落户海岛的孩子
Amamikiyo,女神是谁创造了琉球王国,这就是 Tomigusuku 的开始。此外在过去岛上被濑长琉球,据说濑长 Aji,当地土司的住所。

岛吹嘘壮观的景色,代表的 Tomigusuku,并于 1936 年,它被选为南部冲绳八名胜之一。

与在 1944 年的战争和随后的冲绳岛战役的曙光,居民被命令离开这个小岛。即使在战后,全岛被征用为美军基地。岛上的居民被迫从他们原来的家在对面岸边形成他们的定居点。当岛正在基地的建设,在这个时候时,小岛的风景是彻底改变了。很大一部分的 t他岛被夷为平地,并修建了两条道路在海,连接岛到主岛和机场。该岛被经由 1977 年经过长时间的使用美国部队,作为弹药储存为美国海军基地。

直到战争之前,有许多古代遗迹,礼拜场所,水井和泉水在岛内所有主题的精神信仰来自各个领域的冲绳人是哪里来,他们的敬意。然而,战争之后,成为了禁止这些网站进入,很多文化遗产被摧毁与建设军事基地,与小古
方面仍然是。

一个场景剧本中的一组题为 Temizu 无恩,是一个男人和一个女人之间的爱情故事,据说在濑长岛设置。

瀬長島(瀬長グスク)

 瀬長島 は、豊見城市西岸から沖合約600mに浮かぶ周囲約1.5km、最標高約30m、面積約18haの島である。戦前まで約30戸が北側平野部(現・野球場一帯)に集落を構え、半農半漁の暮らしを営む有人島であった。

 太古の時代、琉球の国を創ったアマミキヨ の子、南海大神加那志 が最初にこの島に住み、そこから豊見城の世立て が始まったという豊見城発祥伝説 が残る。

 島内にはかつて瀬長グスク があり、瀬長按司 が居住したグスク だったと伝えられている。これについては、琉球王府 が1713年に編集した『琉球国由来記 』の中で、「瀬長按司ハ王位ノ御婿ニテ・・・(巻8)」、「往古ハ瀬長按司居住ノ跡アリ・・・(巻12)」)と記述されている。これまでに中国製青磁陶器グスク系土器 などが出土している。

 地元では古くから島を別名「アンジナ 」と呼んでおり、按司のいる砂島がアジシナシマへ転訛し、それがアンジナになったとも伝えられている。

 1719年(康煕58)に来琉した中国の冊封副使・徐葆光 は、瀬長島を訪れた際の様子について、『遊山南記』の中で、美しい砂浜の静けさと大勢の人が雨宿り出来るほどの巨石奇岩の様子など、その変化に富んだ景観を讃えている(『琉球国使略』)。また、昭和11年には沖縄八景 の一つに数えられるなど、豊見城を代表する風光明媚な景勝地であった。

 1944年(昭和19)、沖縄戦 に伴い住民らに島外退去が命ぜられ、引き続き戦後も島全体が米軍基地 として接収されることとなった為、やむなく島民は対岸で集落を構えざるを得なかった。このときの基地建設工事で島は大きく削り取られ、また、島と本島および空港とをつなぐ2本の海中道路 が取付けられるなど景観は激しく変貌した。島は、長らく米海軍弾薬貯蔵基地 として使用され、1977年(昭和52)には返還された。

 戦前まで島内には、瀬長グスクの遺構を始め、子宝祈願 とともに誕生する新生児の性別を占った「子宝岩イシイリー )」、さらに『琉球国由来記 』にも記述のある瀬長ノ嶽など多くの遺跡や拝所、井泉等が残り、信仰の対象として各地から参拝者が訪れていたが、戦後は立入禁止となり遺構の多くが基地建設と同時に破壊され往時の面影はほとんど残されてない。対岸のアカサチ森 に遥拝所が建てられ、島内にあった拝所、井泉等が集合移設されている。アンジナムヌメーや浜下りは、瀬長島とゆかりのある行事であり、また、男女の恋愛を題材とした組踊「手水の縁」 の一幕も、瀬長島が舞台設定であると言われている。

Texts

thimigushiku_tara
2017-04-06 09:02 (2289)
thimigushiku_tara
thimigushiku_tara
2017-04-06 09:01 (1106)
thimigushiku_tara

Comments/Photos

thimigushiku_tara thimigushiku_tara 5 months

瀬長島(瀬長グスク)

thimigushiku_tara thimigushiku_tara 5 months

#<User:0x007f16dd93c0b0> 瀬長島の文化財説明版

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

thimigushiku_tara (2017/04/06)
Tags: 組踊 歌碑 瀬長島 平敷屋朝敏 豊平峰雲 波平山戸 玉津 手水 沖縄県 豊見城市
thimigushiku_tara (2017/04/06)
Tags: 組踊 平敷屋朝敏 手水の縁 當間一郎 崎間麗進 新垣義夫 豊平峰雲 沖縄県 豊見城市
ogaworks (2014/11/11)
Tags: auto-translate 子宝岩 イシイリー 沖縄県 豊見城市
thimigushiku_tara (2017/04/06)
Tags: 組踊 auto-translate 歌碑 瀬長島 平敷屋朝敏 仲風節 名嘉香峰 沖縄県 豊見城市