Monumento

Site of the Naha Public Administration Office

gotosheng

2017-02-12

Tags: 琉球王国 沖縄県 那覇市

Guide plate text

Site of the Naha Public Administration Office
The site of the office building that formerly conducted public administrations in Naha.
During the period of the Ryukyu Kingdom, Naha prospered as a harbor town, made up of four villages of Higashi-mura, Nishi-mura, Wakasa-machimura, and Izumizaki-mura, and also referred to as Naha Yumachi. Public administration offices were established in each of the villages, but governing of Naha as a whole was conducted by the Oyamise.
With the establishment of Okinawa Prefecture in 1879 (annexation of the Ryukyus ), the Naha Administration Office was established to conduct the administration of the seven villages which included Kume-mura, Kumoji mura, and Tomari mura in addition to Naha Yumachi. The Administration Office was set up in a row house that was built on a storage area for lumber and other items along the Kumoji River, and each village was assigned a partitioned room. It is said that the administration officials of the time worked in the traditional Ryukyuan dress, with Katakashira and Ufu-Oobi.
In around 1893, the Naha Administration Office relocated to the former Tenshikan lodge in Higashi-mura and remained there until the air raid on October 10, 1944.
The row house that was occupied by the Naha Administration Office was later used as the printing plant for The Ryukyu Shimpo (local newspaper first published on September 15, 1893) from 1903 to 1937.
After the Battle of Okinawa in 1945, the area was worked by the U.S. Forces and became part of Military Route 1 (presently the National Route 58 ).

那霸公所遗迹
负责旧那霸行政的公所遗迹。
琉球王国时期作为港口城市而得以发展的那霸、 由东村、 西村、 若狭町村和泉崎村构成、 称为“那霸四町” 、 各村设有村公所、 而那霸整体的行政则由亲见世负责管理。
1879年设置冲绳县( 琉球处分) 后、 新设那霸公所、 掌管那霸四町和久米村、 久茂地村以及泊村等7个村的行政事务。 公所设置在久茂地河边木材堆积场上、 所搭建的平房里、 每个村都各自分配一间屋子。 据说当时的官员都是一身琉球王朝服饰、头盘发髻、 腰缠宽带、 坐在书桌后的椅子办公。
1893年左右、那霸公所转移到了东村的旧天使馆遗址、 一直到1944年10月10日的空袭为止。
那霸公所搬迁后的平房、 从1903年至1937年作为《 琉球新报》 ( 1893年9月15日创刊的报纸) 的印刷工厂使用。
1945年的冲绳战役后、 这一带地区被美军重新铺平、 成为军道1号县( 现在的国道58号) 的一部分。

那覇役所跡(ナハヤクショアト)
那覇市久茂地1丁目泉崎橋付近
旧那覇の行政を担った役所跡。
琉球王国 時代、港町として発展した那覇は、「那覇四町(ユマチ)」とも呼ばれ、東村・西村・若狭町村・泉崎村の4つの村からなっていた。各村に役場が置かれたが、那覇全体を統括する役所として親見世(おやみせ)があった。
1879年(明治12)の沖縄県設置(琉球処分)により、旧那覇里主所(さとぬしじょ)(現東町郵便局近辺)親見世役所が設置され、那覇四町の他に、久米村(久茂地村含む)・泊村の行政も併せて管轄した。翌年、親見世役所は那覇役所に改称された。那覇役所及び7ヵ村の役場は、「里主所前御余地(メーヌグユチ)」と呼ばれる、久茂地川沿いの材木等の荷物置き場(敷場)に建てられた長屋に置かれ、西・東・泉崎・若狭町・久茂地・久米・泊村の順に、一室ずつ割り当てられた。当時の役人は、机・椅子に、欹髻(カタカシラ)・大帯の琉装姿で、事務を行っていたという。
1893年(明治26)頃、那覇役所は、東村の旧天使館跡(現那覇市東町、那覇市医師会館一帯)に移転し、1944年(昭和19)10月10日の空襲に至るまで、同地にあった。
この間、1896年(明治29)に首里とともに区制がしかれ、1921年(大正10)5月20日には。首里区とともに市制が施行された。1917年(大正6)には、京都帝国大学教授武田五一の設計のもと、物見塔と庁舎が建設された。
那覇役所が移転した後の長屋は、沖縄で初めて発行された新聞「琉球新報」(1893年9月15日創刊)の印刷工場として、1903年(明治36)から1937年(昭和12)まで使用された。
終戦後、同地一帯は米軍により敷きならされ、軍道1号線(現国道58号)として整備された。
設置 2014年3月 那覇市歴史博物館

Texts

gotosheng
2017-03-30 20:48 (401)
gotosheng
gotosheng
2017-03-30 20:47 (1558)
gotosheng
gotosheng
2017-03-30 20:46 (757)
gotosheng

Comments/Photos

gotosheng gotosheng 3 months

那覇役所跡

gotosheng gotosheng 3 months

#<User:0x007f5d959fe6c0>

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

gotosheng (2017/03/30)
Tags: 沖縄戦 冊封使 孔子廟 沖縄県 那覇市
ogaworks (2015/06/01)
Tags: 沖縄県 那覇市
gotosheng (2017/03/30)
Tags: 沖縄県 那覇市
ogaworks (2015/06/04)
Tags: ガジュマル 都市景観資源 auto-translate 樹木 沖縄県 那覇市