Monumento

ZENKOJI HILL ROAD

gotosheng

2017/01/07

Tags: 坂 御府内備考 東京都 台東区

Guide plate text

ZENKOJI HILL ROAD
This road, also called Shinano Hill Road, was named after Zenkoji temple which used to be on the top of the hill. Zenkoji was built in 1601 as a temple and lodging place in Edo for the priests of Zenkoji from Shinano (now Nagano Prefecture). It prospered with a busy temple street in front of the main gate. The temple burned down in a huge fire in 1703 and was relocated in to Aoyama, but the area name "Zenkoji Monzen-cho" was used for the southern side of the hill until the 5th year of the Meiji Era.
Reference Literature from the Edo period states that the hill road was about 29m in length with a 4.5m elevation.

善光寺坡
信浓这条路,这也被称为山,它已经采取了善光寺,这是在小山的名字。
善光寺是建成于1601年(今长野县)信浓的禅宗寺庙住宿的寺庙和江户。
它兴盛于繁华的圣殿前的正门街道。
寺已经搬到青山被大火烧于1703年被毁。
坡的南侧已经采用的是“善光寺佛堂镇”,直到1872年。
根据职权江户时代,边坡长度约29米,高度的约4.5米。

善光寺坂(ぜんこうじざか)
台東区谷中1丁目5番
谷中から文京区根津の谷に下りる坂には、この坂と北方の三浦・あかぢ とがあり、あかぢ坂は明治以後の新設である。
善光寺 は信濃 ともいい、その名はこの坂上の北側にあった善光寺にちなむ。善光寺は、慶長6年(1601)信濃善光寺の宿院として建立され門前町もできた。寺は元禄16年(1703)の大火に類焼して、青山(現港区青山3丁目)に移転し、善光寺門前町の名称のみが明治5年まで坂の南側にあった。
善光寺坂のことは、明和9年(1772)刊行の『再校江戸砂子』にも見え、『御府内備考』の文政9年(1826)の書上には、幅二間(約3.6メートル)、長さ十六間(約29メートル)、高さ一丈五尺(約4.5メートル)ほどある。
平成7年3月
台東区教育委員会

Texts

gotosheng
2017-01-07 21:44 (163)
gotosheng
gotosheng
2017-01-07 21:42 (635)
gotosheng
gotosheng
2017-01-07 21:41 (349)
gotosheng

Comments/Photos

gotosheng gotosheng 4 months

善光寺坂

gotosheng gotosheng 4 months

#<User:0x007feee5d2c658>

gotosheng gotosheng 4 months

#<User:0x007feee5db7e10>

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

gotosheng (2017/01/03)
Tags: 坂 東京都 台東区
gotosheng (2017/01/07)
Tags: 坂 御府内備考 東京都 台東区
kunitenten (2016/07/14)
Tags: 東京都 台東区
hanacoco (2015/01/18)
Tags: 寛永寺 奥の細道 上野の山 東京芸術大学 東京都 台東区