Monumento

Awataguchi

kochizufan

2016-07-18

Tags: 東海道 京都七口 粟田焼 京都府 京都市東山区

Guide plate text

Awataguchi
Awataguchi is the name of the area from the cast of the Shirakawa Bridge on Sanjo Street to the vicinity of Keage.
The name originates from the time before the capital was transferred to Kyoto,when てぃs area was part of the Awata village goyerned by the clan of the same name After the transfer of the capital to Kyoto in 794, this neighborhood was situated at the eastern entrance to the new capital and thus called Awata-guchi ("guchi" or "kuchi" means "mouth" in Japanese).Due to its location, Awataguchi played on important role in both communications and transportation for the capital, and also held a strategic position for the relations of Kyoto with the eastern provinces. 
This area became busier and more prosperous with more travelers and commodities coming through during the Edo period (1603-1868),due to its vicinity to the Sanjo Bridge,the western starting point of the Tokaido highway,.
Since the end of the Heian period (794-1192)swordsmiths had studios in thisneighborhood, among whom the most famous was Sanjo-Kokaji-Munechika,noted for a legend in which he successfully made a masterpiece sword named "Kogitsune-maru" by getting a small fox (a "kogitsune" in Japanese) disguised as a boy to assist him.
Early in the Edo period ceramic techniques were introduced to this area from Seto near Nagoya, and Awataguchi became known for production of "Awatayaki" pottery.
Kyoto City

auto-translate 亘口
Awataguchi 是铸的三条街白河大桥至蹴附近一带的名称。
名称起源于时间之前的资金被转移到京都,当 てぃs 地区在 794 后京都议定书 》 的资本的转移是由同一个名字的氏族禾田村庄 goyerned 的一部分,这个小区是位于东部入口对新的资本,故名禾田北口 ("西口"或"kuchi"意味着在日语中的"口")。由于其地理位置,Awataguchi 扮演重要的角色,在通讯和运输为资本,和也举行京都与东部省份的关系的战略地位。
这一领域变得繁忙,更多旅行和大宗商品在江户时代 (1603年-1868 年),由于其附近到三条桥上,西方的起始点的东海道公路,穿过更繁荣。
平安时期 (794-1192) 一脉相承年底以来工作室在这附近,除其中最著名的是三条小梢-宗亲,指出为一个传奇人物,他成功地通过伪装成一个男孩来协助他的小狐狸 ("kogitsune"在日语中) 命名的"Kogitsune-丸"杰作剑。
早在江户时期陶瓷技术介绍了这一领域从名古屋市附近的濑户和 Awataguchi 成为了闻名的"Awatayaki"陶器生产。
京都市

粟田口

 粟田口とは、三条通(旧東海道)の白川橋から東、蹴上付近までの広範囲に渡る地名である。
 この付近は奈良時代以前から開かれた土地で、粟田氏が本拠とし、粟田郷と呼ばれていた。平安京ができると、東国との交通の要地あるいは軍事上の要衝にあたることから、やがて粟田口(三条口)と呼ばれ、京都七口 の一つにも数えられた。
 鎌倉・室町時代にはここを通って馬借や車借など運送業者が物資を運んだ。江戸時代には東海道 五十三次の西の起点、三条大橋を間近に控え、人や物資の往来で一層にぎわった。
 またこの付近には、平安時代の末以降、刀鍛冶(刀を作る職人)たちが住居を構えていた。中でも、童子に化けた狐に鍛冶の手伝い(相槌)をしてもらい名刀「小狐丸」を打ったという伝説が残る刀匠・三条小鍛冶宗近が有名である。江戸時代の元和年間(一六一五~一六ニ四)には瀬戸から焼き物の技術が伝えられ、『粟田焼』と呼ばれる陶器の産地になった。この右手にある門跡寺院・青蓮院は「粟田御所}とも呼ばれている。
京都市

Texts

tenma
2016-12-28 11:35 (1406)
tenma
tenma
2016-12-28 11:34 (440)
tenma

Comments/Photos

kochizufan kochizufan 12 months

粟田口

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

kochizufan (2016/08/21)
Tags: 京都府 京都市東山区
kochizufan (2016/08/21)
Tags: クスノキ 親鸞上人 京都府 京都市東山区
kochizufan (2016/08/21)
Tags: 青蓮院 木米 奥田穎川 永楽保全 仁阿弥道八 三大名工 京都府 京都市東山区
kochizufan (2016/08/21)
Tags: 京都府 京都市東山区