Monumento

The Remains of a Tenkaiji Temple

ogaworks

2016-06-08

Tags: 琉球王国 伽藍 尚徳王 尚泰久王 沖縄県 那覇市

Guide plate text

The Remains of a Tenkaiji Temple
The Remains of a Rinzaishu Temple from the Era of the Ryukyu Kingdom.
It is said that King Sho Taikyu, the sixth king of the First Sho Dynasty, built the Tenkaiji Temple during the Keitai years (1450 to 1456).It was destroyed by fire in 1576, but was later reconstructed. The temple grounds,which includes the pine woods to the east,referred to as the Tinteiji Machu, expands over an approximate area of 1,080 tsubo (1 tsubo=3.3 ㎡).
After its reconstruction, the Tenkaiji Temple housed the mortuary tablets of King Sho Taikyu and King Sho Toku (the seventh king of the First Sho Dynasty) and also enshrined there were the unmarried princes and princesses of the Second Sho Dynasty. Together with the temples of Enkakuji and Tennoji, Tenkaiji became one' of the family temples of the Royal Sho Family.
After the establishment of Okinawa Prefecture (upon the annexation of the Ryukyus), the Tenkaiji Temple lapsed. Around 1913, the Mitunchi was constructed on the site, integrating the three shrines of the three high ranking priestesses of the kingdom, the Ufanshitari, of Shuri, Gibo and Makabe, and garnered faithful believers.
At the end of the Battle of Okinawa in 1945, the Mitunchi was lost and the site of the Tenkaiji Temple was turned to a residential area. When the Shurijo Castle was restored in 1992,the site was maintained and a road was built along with a facility of the Shurijo Castle Park (a rest center and management building).
Additionally, a water well of the Tenkaiji Temple which was dug in 1697 ( a cultural heritage designated by Naha City),still remains.

琉球王国時期的臨済宗寺院遺跡
 天界寺據説 由第一尚氏第六國王尚泰久於景泰年間(1450~56年)創建・1575年因火災被焼殷・後来得以重建・寺院面積包括東側被稱爲天界寺松尾的松樹囃子在内・約爲3,570平方公尺。
 重建後的天界寺不僅供奉著尚泰久王・尚徳王(第一尚氏第七代國王)的牌位・還供奉了第二尚氏的未婚王子・王妃・與圓覺寺・天王寺-起成為尚氏-家的菩提寺。
 1879年設置沖縄縣(琉球處分)後・該寺 遭到廃棄・1913年於寺院所在地建起了 ”三殿内” ・統合王國的高級女神官和首里・儀保・真壁的3人大阿母志良禮的神殿・聚集了信仰。
 在1945年的沖縄戦役中・三殿内被夷為平地・天界寺的寺院遺跡成為了住宅區・1992年伴随著首里城的復原・遺跡得到了修整・成為道路和首里城公園的一部分(餐廰・管理樓)・
 此外・於1697年*掘出的天界寺水井(那覇市指定文化財産)得以保留至今

天界寺跡(テンカイジアト)
The Remains of Tenkaiji Temple  天界寺遺跡
那覇市首里金城町1-2地先

 琉球王国 時代の臨済宗の寺院跡。
 天界寺は、第一尚氏第六代国王尚泰久が、景泰年間(1450~56年)に創建したとされる。山号は妙高山、開山は渓隠安灊禅師。
 創建当初の伽藍 は、寝室・方丈・東房・西房などで、尚徳王(第一尚氏第七代国王)代の1466年に大宝殿が建立され、また、成化己丑(1469年)鐘銘の梵鐘も掛けられた。1576年、火災により焼失したが、順治から康煕年間にかけて、堂宇が建立され、再建された。天界寺松尾(ティンケージマーチュー)と呼ばれた東隣の松林を含む寺域は役1,080坪余であった。
 再興後は、尚泰久王・尚徳王の位牌のほか、第二尚氏の未婚の王子・王妃が祀られ、円覚寺・天王寺とともに尚家の菩提寺(三ヵ寺)の一つとなった。国王の元服や即位の際には、三ヵ寺詣での慣わしがあった。
 1879年(明治12)の沖縄県設置(琉球処分)後は、尚家の私寺となったが、後に払い下げられた。1913年(大正2)頃、跡地の北東隅に、首里・儀保・真壁の3人の大阿母志良礼(ウフアンシタリ)(王府の高級神女)の神殿を統合した「三殿内(ミトゥンチ)」が置かれ、信仰を集めた。
 天界寺松尾には、1886年(明治19)、首里小学校(後の首里第一尋常高等小学校)の校舎が建てられたが、1912年(明治45)に、校舎狭隘のため首里城内へ移転した。跡地は採石場となり、さらに、1915年(大正4)には、大正天皇即位祝賀を記念して、沖縄県師範学校の記念運動場が開設された。
 1945年(昭和20)の沖縄戦により、三殿内は消失し、天界寺の寺域跡は、住宅地となったが、1992年(平成4)の首里城復元に伴い整備され、道路及び首里城公園の一部(レストセンター・管理棟)となった。
 なお、1697年に掘られたという天界寺の井戸(那覇市指定文化財)が、現在も残されている。

Texts

tenma
2016-06-23 11:44 (387)
tenma
tenma
2016-06-23 11:43 (1617)
tenma
tenma
2016-06-23 11:41 (840)
tenma

Comments/Photos

ogaworks ogaworks 6 months

天界寺跡(テンカイジアト)

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

ogaworks (2016/07/13)
Tags: 沖縄県 那覇市
monumento (2014/03/18)
Tags: 琉球王国 冊封使 首里城 尚清王 赤瓦 沖縄県 那覇市
ogaworks (2016/06/08)
Tags: 沖縄戦 沖縄県教育委員会 沖縄県 那覇市
ogaworks (2016/06/08)
Tags: 石垣 琉球石灰岩 沖縄県教育委員会 陵墓 沖縄県 那覇市
ogaworks (2016/06/08)
Tags: 沖縄戦 琉球石灰岩 沖縄県教育委員会 沖縄県 那覇市
gotosheng (2016/07/07)
Tags: 沖縄県教育委員会 沖縄県 那覇市
gotosheng (2016/06/11)
Tags: 沖縄戦 琉球王国 沖縄県 那覇市
monumento (2014/03/18)
Tags: 沖縄県 那覇市
monumento (2014/03/18)
Tags: 沖縄県 那覇市