Futagawa,which had long been a hub for travelers since the ancient times, was established as a posting station in the year 1601 (6th year of the Keicho Era) due to the road maintenance policy introduced by the Edo Shogunate.
Originally,two villages, Futagawa and Oiwa shared the role of the posting station, however in 1644 (1st year of Shoho Era) both villages relocated to their current locations and became known as Futagawa-shuku and Kashuku-Oiwa. Futagawa-shuku is the thirty-third of the fifty-three stations of the Tokaido.
In 1843 (14th year of the Tempo Era). Futagawa consisted of a single honjin (where the daimyo and representatives of the shogunate stayed),a waki-honjin (sub-honjin, not as high-class), thirty-eight hatagoyas (for general travelers), a population of 1468 people, and 328 residential houses. Currently, the honjin and the surroundings have been restored to replicate the atmosphere of the Edo Era.
Toyohashi Futagawa-shuku Honjin Museum
auto-translate 双川，自远古时代已久旅行的枢纽，作为过帐站成立于 1601 年 （庆长时代 6 年） 由于道路维修政策介绍由江户幕府。
最初，两个村庄，双川和地共享的作用过帐站，然而在 1644 年 （Shoho Era 的第一年） 两个村庄搬迁到其当前的位置，被称为双川珠玖和 Kashuku 地。双川珠玖是第三十三东海道五十三站。
1843 年 （14 年的节奏时代）。双川组成的单本阵 （大名和幕府的代表选择住在这里），胁本阵 （子-本阵，不像高档）、 三十八个 hatagoyas （为一般的旅客）、 1468年人，人口和 328 住宅房屋。目前，已恢复本阵和周围的环境来复制江户时代的氛围。