Monumento

The origins of old town names in Akasaka Area

sanpocafe

2012-11-07

Tags: 徳川家康 青山忠成 auto-translate 東京都 港区

Guide plate text

The origins of old town names in Akasaka Area

Akasaka-omote-sho
The town area was originally within the village Hitotsugi-mura in old times. This town started, as it was given as a reward to the three persons in 1636 who had resided in Minami-demma-cho and had been diligently engaged in post-horse services since Tokugawa Ieyasu entered Edo city. The town was named Akasaka-shindemma-sho, then eventually Akasaka-omote-cho in 1911. Busy shopping streets developed in the eastern half part of the town at that time.

Akasaka-dai-machi
The town area was originally within the village Azabu-imai-mura in old times. In the Edo period, the area began to divide the town into Aoyama-osoji-machi, temple territories and its neighborhood developed into a larger town named Akasaka-soji-machi which was then renamed Akasaka-dai-machi after three years (1872), uniting its neighboring areas. The town is situated on a height (dai-chi); therefore it got the name "dai-machi".

Akasaka-shinsaka-machi
The town area was originally within the village Azabu-imai-mura in old times. In 1590, the town area began to see samurai residences in its north and south part; afterwards the whole area had existed as the samurai residential area except for some tradesman's houses at the southeastern corner. In 1872, the whole area developed into a town named Akasaka-shinsaka-machi after a shinsaka slope ...

auto-translate 在赤坂地区,镇上的老名字的起源赤坂表参道 sho城镇地区最初在村子里一寸 mura 在旧时代。这个小镇开始,因为它给作为奖励三人在 1636 人已居住在南町 demma 和曾经努力从事后马服务自从德川家康进入江户城。那城名叫赤坂-shindemma-资助自置居所,然后最终赤坂表参道-町在 1911 年。那时,繁忙的购物街道开发在镇的东半部分。赤坂町傣族城镇地区最初在村子里麻布 imai mura 在旧时代。江户时期,该地区开始分为 Aoyama 町 osoji 的小镇,寺界及邻区发展成一个更大的城镇,名叫宗二赤坂町,然后更名为赤坂傣族-町三年 (1872 年) 后团结及其周边地区。小镇坐落在一个高度 (戴智) ;因此,它得到的名字"戴町"。赤坂町 shinsaka城镇地区最初在村子里麻布 imai mura 在旧时代。1590 年,城镇地区开始看到武士住宅在其北部和南部的部分 ;后来整个地区已经存在作为武士除了一些商人在东南角的房子的居住区。1872 年,整个地区发展成一座城叫赤坂町 shinsaka shinsaka 坡之后......

赤坂地区旧町名由来板
赤坂表町
 古くは、一ツ木村に属していました。寛永13年(1636)に家康入国以来、よくその務めを果たしたということで、その土地を南伝馬町の伝馬役三名に褒美として与えられたことが、この町の起こりです。初めは赤坂新伝馬町と称し、ついで表通りが表伝馬町、裏通りが裏伝馬町となり、明治5年(1872)に赤坂表1〜4丁目、同44年(1911)に赤坂表町1〜4丁目となりました。明治時代には、1・2丁目の東半の表通りは、商店街としてにぎわいました。一方、3・4丁目は、旧武家屋敷であり官公庁や華族などの邸宅地となり、商家は少なく、今日もこの状況を受け継いでいます。
 なお、地元では、「あかさかおもてまち」と言っていました。
赤坂台町
 古くは、麻布今井村に属し、江戸時代になると町域に青山御掃除町家専福寺門前(北東部)、種徳寺ほかの寺地(東部)、小身の武家屋敷などが区別されるようになりました。明治2年(1869)、青山御掃除町を中心とする区域が合一されて赤坂掃除町となり、同5年(1872)にその他の区域も加えられて赤坂台町と改称されました。丘続きで地勢が高いため「台町」と命名されたといわれています。
赤坂新坂町
 古くは、麻布今井村に属していましたが、天正18年(1590)になると町域の北部は、青山忠成徳川家康 より賜った屋敷地の一部となり、南部には、岡部氏の下屋敷がありました。その後も居住者は変わりましたが、町域の大部分は武家屋敷として存続し、わずかに南東隅に町屋がありました。明治5年(1872)、町域が合一され、隣接する赤坂台町との境にあった新坂に因み、赤坂新坂町と命名されました。
図上)昭和の地図(昭和31年)
図下)現代の地図(平成21年)
港区赤坂地区総合支所協働推進課

Texts

monumento
2014-09-16 15:01 (1378)
monumento
monumento
2014-09-16 14:45 (748)
monumento

Comments/Photos

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

sanpocafe (2014/09/11)
Tags: 郡区町村編制法 島津忠亮 港区教育委員会 東京都 港区
hanacoco (2015/04/08)
Tags: 淑容沈氏 墓碑 李王朝 1515 東京都 港区
gotosheng (2016/10/06)
Tags: 坂 東京都 港区
hanacoco (2015/04/08)
Tags: 坂 16 東京都 港区
hanacoco (2015/04/08)
Tags: 比叡山 東京都 港区
hanacoco (2015/12/30)
Tags: 東京都 港区
gotosheng (2016/10/06)
Tags: 坂 東京都 港区
gotosheng (2016/10/06)
Tags: 坂 東京都 港区
hanacoco (2015/01/18)
Tags: 大黒天 畑治良右エ門 畑治良右衛門 東京都 港区