Monumento

hanacoco

2015/12/30

Tags: ocr-generated 東京都 中央区

Guide plate text

This content was transcribed by optical character recognition. Please cooperate with proofreading.

ocr-generated 国登錄有形文化財
されました。
います。
平成二十五年三月
なす貴重な建造物となっています。
創り出しています。
これらの建造物は、平成二十三年に国の登録有形文化財として登録
された外周の石積塀も共通のデザインを踏襲しており、本堂と一体を
震災復興期の貴重な建造物といえます。また、本堂とほぼ同時期に建築
築を追求した典型例であるとともに、秀逸な建築デザインを保持する
当寺院本堂は、建築家・伊東忠太が最新の技術を用いて東洋的な建
尖塔、さらに細部の装飾が一体となり、全体として調和のある外観を
にはインド風の建築手法が見られ、人口の破風・柱頭飾り・屋根上の
内部は伝統的な浄土真宗寺院の本堂形式でありながら、外観各部
を置き、正面中央と左右の入口には独特の曲線による破風を設けて
円形屋根がのせられ、左右対称にのびた翼部には鐘楼と鼓楼の塔屋
花崗岩が用いられた建物中央の本堂は、上部に銅板で葺いた巨大な
入れ、特異な雰囲気をもつ伽藍を創出しました。
仏教の発祥地であるインドの建築様式を独自の解釈で外観に取り
伊東忠太(一八六七~一九五四)は、日本の伝統的な寺院様式ではなく、
西本願寺二十二世宗主・大谷光瑞の依頼を受けた、設計者の建築家・
現在の本堂(鉄骨鉄筋コンクリート造、地上二階・地下一階)となりました。
十二年(一九二三)の関東大震災で焼失した後、昭和九年(一九三四)に
江戸時代から明治期にかけて何度か再建された木造の本堂は、大正
湊に入る船の目印であり、江戸庶民によく知られた名所の一つでした。
焼失した後、現在地に移転・再建されました。特に本堂の大屋根は、江戸
江戸浅草御坊と称された当寺院は、明暦三年(一六五七)の大火で
時代初期の元和三年(一六一七)、浅草近くの横山町に創建されました。
浄土真宗本願寺派本願寺(京都西本願寺)の別院・築地本願寺は、江戸
中央区教育委員会
所在地 中央区築地三丁目一五番一号
築地本願寺本堂・大谷石積塀
つきじほんがんじほんとう おやいづみ い
National registered-tangible cultural property
Tsukiji Hongwanji Temple Main Hall and Oya Stone-piled Wall
The Tsukiji Hongwanji Temple, a branch temple of the Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji seet that operates out of Hongwanji Temple (Nishi Hongwanji
Temple) with, Was Taiwanded in Yokyhhcho, Near Asaka in 1
This temple, once called Edo-Asakusa Gobo, was destroyed in a great fire in 1657, before being moved to and rebuilt in the current location. As a particular
Location: 3-15-1 Tsuki, Chuo-ku
note, the large roof of the main hall served as a landmark for ships entering the Edo Port and became one of the famous sights amongst the people of Edo.
7
The wooden main hall, which was retuilt several times from the Edo period to the Meiji period, was leveled most recently by fire in the Great
of Janpan's early Ela period。
Kanto Earthquake of 1923. The current main hall was built as a steel-frame reinforced concrete structure with two stories above ground and one
les walkingin 193
At the request of the Nishi Hongwanji's 22nd abbot, Kozui Otani, the architect who designed the Tsukiji Hongwanji Temple, Chuta Ito (1867 to
1954), incorporated into the temple's appearance an architectural style from India, the birthplace of Buddhism, instead of the Japanese
traditional temple style, based on his own interpretation, and created a cathedral that has produced a peculiar atmosphere.
The main hall at the center of temple is made of granite and has a huge round roof covered with copper plate. Moreover, a bell tower and a
drum tower were symmetrically placed on the left and right wings, and a hall of worship with uniquely curved gables was created on the central
front and the left and right entrances,
Although a traditional style of Jodo Shinshu temples was used for the interior of the temple, an Indian architectural method was introduced for
is exterior parts. A combination of gables on the entrances, capital ornaments, roof spires, and detailed decoration produces a harmonized
appearance as a whole.
This main hall is a typical example of the architect's pursuit of oriental architecture using the latest technology and was recognized as a valuable
building in the earthquake disaster reconstruction period as it preserves an excellent architectural design. Also, the stone-piled wall surrounding
the temple, which was built in almost the same period as the main hall, follows a common design and is a valuable structure and an integral part
of the temple
These structures were registered as national tangible cultural properties in 2011.
March 2013
Chuo-ku Board of Education

Texts

monumento
2018-03-28 12:51 (0)
monumento

Comments/Photos

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

wawa (2017/07/20)
Tags: 東京都 中央区
wawa (2017/07/20)
Tags: ocr-generated 東京都 中央区
wawa (2017/07/20)
Tags: 伊藤忠太 東京都 中央区
ryota_n (2018/03/31)
Tags: auto-translate 築地本願寺 東京都 中央区