Monumento

Remains of Yokohama Custom House, Two Storied B...

monumento

2014-01-30

Tags: レンガ Brick 神奈川県 横浜市中区

Guide plate text

Remains of Yokohama Custom House, Two Storied Brick Masonry Warehouse

The brickwork remains are a part of the foundations of the "two-storied brick masonry warehouses "which belonged to Customs. The warehouses were used to string and checking domestic and international cargos between the 1990s and the Great Kanto Earthquake.
The warehouses were supervised by the architect Endo Oto, who left behind many structures in Yokohama, including the Yokohama Specie Bank (present-day Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Cultural History). Photograghs taken of the warehouses while under construction also remain.
The Zou-no-hana district used to be the site of the Yokohama Customs House lined with its related facilities. The history, organization, role and facilities of the Customs were written in the booklet titled "Yokohama Zeikan Ichiran (Arrangement of Yokohama Customs)" issued in 1900, and the layout of the buildings including the second Center Office of the Yokohama Customs House built in 1885, the Customs Enforcement Division at the base of Zou-no-hana Breakwater built in 1893 and the warehouses, is shown in the attached map. Furthermore, there is a record of four two-storied brick masonry warehouses, with a total floor area of about 1426 square meters, mentioned in the booklet. The remains of these buildings are partially preserved in the park.

Locations of the discovered two storied brick masonry warehouses
"Yokohama Zeikan Ichiran", Attached map, Yokohama Archives of History

Two storied brick masonry warehouse under construction
"Yokohama Zeikan Soko Koji Shashn", Museum of Yokohama Urban History

Landscape circa 1917 Two storied brick masonry warehouse on the right
"Whole view of the Yokohama Customs grounds", Detail, Yurindo

auto-translate 横滨海关仍砖混凝土两层仓库
遗留物这砖是砖混凝土两层仓库,海关设施一件事中的基本部分。仓库用于国内货物存储和检验从明治时代到关东大地震。
这个仓库,横滨金币银行大楼 (目前神奈川县县立历史博物馆) 在大厦由建筑师离开大楼后远藤在霍奇,过时施工照片许多横滨市。
大象的鼻子区域一次是横滨海关的理由,成排的海关设施。横滨海关办公室、 组织、 活动、 设施、 如写这本小册子在横滨海关名单公布 0/1900 年的历史 (1900)。图中包括砖混凝土两层仓库 4 翼、 432 m 2 总面积在这个绿色的部分存储为 0/1885年的废墟 (1885) 所述情况下建设的第二代横滨海关办公大楼、 0/1893年 (1893) 当时的市政厅、 货棚和仓库,以及大象鼻子防波堤基地建设海关监控。

在右图) 上发现砖混凝土两层仓库位置
横滨海关列出图 (部分) 横滨城市发展纪念收藏品

在关系图中 () 建筑砖混凝土两层仓库中右键单击
横滨海关仓库施工照片横滨市发展纪念收藏品

从中间的 0/1917年景观低右图) 砖混凝土两层仓库看起来很好。
横滨海关处所的全景图 (部分) 寺书籍

横浜税関遺構 煉瓦造2階建倉庫
 このレンガ 積みの遺構は、税関施設の一つであった「煉瓦造2階建倉庫」の基礎部分です。倉庫は、明治中期から関東大震災までの間、国内外からの貨物の保管や検査のために使われていました。
 この倉庫は、横浜正金銀行の建物(現在の神奈川県立歴史博物館)をはじめ、後に横浜の街に多くの建築を残した建築家の遠藤於菟が監督した建物で、建設中の写真が残されています。
 象の鼻地区一帯はかつては横浜税関の敷地であり、税関の各種施設がずらりと並んでいました。明治33年(1900)に発行された「横浜税関一覧」という小冊子には横浜税関の沿革、組織、業務内容、施設などが記されています。その付図には、明治18年(1885)建設の2代目横浜税関本庁舎、象の鼻防波堤基部にあった明治26年(1893)建設の税関監視部庁舎、上屋や倉庫等の状況が記載されているほか、この緑地で遺構として一部が保存されている「煉瓦造2階建倉庫4棟、総面積432坪」の記載もあります。

右上図)発見された煉瓦造2階建倉庫の位置
「横浜税関一覧」付図(部分) 横浜都市発展記念館所蔵

右中図)建設中の煉瓦造2階建倉庫
「横浜税関倉庫工事写真」 横浜市発展記念館所蔵

右下図)大正6年ごろの風景 中央から右に見えるのが煉瓦造2階建倉庫
「横浜税関構内全景」(部分) 有隣堂所蔵

Texts

monumento
2014-04-13 12:53 (385)
monumento
monumento
2014-04-13 12:53 (138)
monumento
monumento
2014-04-13 12:50 (1356)
monumento
monumento
2014-04-13 12:50 (431)
monumento

Comments/Photos

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

monumento (2014/02/18)
Tags: レンガ 神奈川県 横浜市中区
hamanobakeneko (2015/01/18)
Tags: 神奈川県 横浜市中区
hamanobakeneko (2015/01/18)
Tags: 神奈川県 横浜市中区
monumento (2014/02/18)
Tags: 台場 岩倉具視 象の鼻 神奈川台場 伊予松山藩 勝海舟 神奈川県 横浜市中区