Monumento

hanacoco

2015/02/26

Tags: ocr-generated 東京都 台東区

Guide plate text

This content was transcribed by optical character recognition. Please cooperate with proofreading.

ocr-generated 下谷
平成十六年三月
した や じん じゃ
財)。
が建ち並んでいた。
雲竜図の天井画が描かれた(平成十二年、台東区有形文化
には、池之端に住んでいた日本画の巨匠、横山大観により
東南に五十メートルほどの現在地に移る。新築された拝殿
関東大震災の後、昭和三年(一九二八)の区画整理により、
祭礼の時には盛大な行列がみられた。
「下谷神社」と改称したのは明治五年(一八七二)である。
由来する。江戸時代には開帳・人形芝居などがおこなわれ、
「下谷惣社」などとよばれた。稲荷町という地名も、本社に
本社は下谷の鎮守として広く信仰を集め、「下谷稲荷社」・
に移る(現在地の近く)。その周囲には武家の屋敷や長屋
八年(一六八〇)に広徳寺前通り(現在の浅草通り)の南側
された(現在の岩倉高校あたり)。しかし土地が狭く、延宝
れる。寛永四年(一六二七)、寛永寺の建立のため山下に移
天平二年(七三〇)、上野の忍ヶ岡に創建されたと伝えら
しのぶがおか
台東区教育委員会
台東区東上野三丁目二十九番八号
やました
The Shitaya Shrine
According to tradition, the Shitaya Shrine was originally built on the
Ueno plateau in 730, and moved to the east foot in 1627 because of
construction for the Kaneiji Temple. However, since the land was
small, it moved near its present location in 1680.
The Shitaya Shrine was the guardian god of Shitaya area and was
believed in widely. A part of this area therefore was named “Inari
chô” for “Shitaya Inari” which is the former name of this shrine in Edo
period.
The name was changed to “the Shitaya Shrine" in 1872 and it moved to
its present location for rezoning in 1928.A great Japanese-style
painter Yokoyama Taikan who lived in Ikenohata drew pictures of
clouds and dragons on the ceiling of the new main hall.

Texts

monumento
2018-03-28 15:41 (0)
monumento

Comments/Photos

Footprints

0 footprints lefted here.

Embed tag

Guide plate Tour

Spots near

hanacoco (2015/02/26)
Tags: 明暦の大火 門前町屋は 留守辻番屋敷 下谷神社である auto-translate 下町まちしるべ 東京都 台東区
hanacoco (2015/02/26)
Tags: ocr-generated 東京都 台東区
wawa (2017/07/20)
Tags: ocr-generated 東京都 台東区
wawa (2017/07/20)
Tags: 一里塚 江戸開府 地護稲荷大明神 治承 奥羽海道 天野弥五右ヱ門長重 寺社奉行 稲荷堂 弥五右ヱ門稲荷 釣堀稲荷 遷宮 東京都 台東区